Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doing What I Love

As I was seated in the computer room at school I found myself asking myself is this what I want to do in future, seat in a office somewhere in front of a screen or is there something else that I would want to do.
Strange how we are give vast amounts of time to figure out such questions but somewhere along the line we tend to find our selves asking this question. What could possibly cause such an unplanned future yet we have had months, years or decades to ponder upon and come up with a designed path. Then I remembered why I choose my career – Exposure. Drawing from my memory banks I can remember a small child being taken to the airport. Yes amazing planes and hardware there but what caught the boys eye and heart wasn't the planes the stunning looking pilots, no it was different.
On my first trip to the air port I hardly saw the planes as anything more than machines parked somewhere in the runway or hangers. Just big chunks of flying metal, nothing more – doesn't every kid want to become a pilot?
As my mum guided me past the gates away from the noisy run way we went to the offices. In those days only big companies had access to such machines that the rest of us normal wananchi only marveled at – computers.
At first I had little interest in the movements on the screen (which I came to later call screen savers) but soon they hypnotized my senses and immediately a spark of curiosity ignited a flame of passion to know why and how!
Soon the mouse was on hand as I mimicked the busy looking guy a few desks from me and the world of computers came to light. I can remember little of what happened then but I knew it excited me. To say the truth I'm sure I did nothing of use that day, if you can call opening countless windows an achievement then I have some credit there, but it wasn't what I did that counted it was what happened long after this that counted.
My first exposure to computers at an early age although for a few hours changed a lot in me and whenever I get such doubt in my mind I remember that first encounter then I know what I'm doing is right coz the 8 year old me told me so and I trust his judgment till today and most of all I'm doing what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment